THE MSF BASIC ECOURSE IS A HIGHLY INTERACTIVE ONLINE PROGRAM THAT PROVIDES RIDERS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS WITH THE BASICS OF MOTORCYCLING. WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS, PHOTOS AND VIDEO TO HELP BETTER ILLUSTRATE THE LESSONS, ALLOWING YOU TO CONTROL THE PACE OF YOUR LEARNING.
The eCourse focuses on the basic concepts of motorcycling. From identifying a motorcycle’s controls to explaining how they work, the course also details a motorcycle’s basic operation, prepares a student to ride, provides strategies for common riding situations and more. Additionally, the eCourse outlines key safety concepts to promote responsible riding and risk-reducing behavior.
Taking the MSF Basic eCourse is as easy and convenient as powering up your home computer or laptop. Students can choose when and where to take the course, which saves valuable time and money. You can bookmark where you left off and come back at a later time. And you can repeat segments you want to go back to and review or for reinforcement. Throughout the highly interactive course, self-assessment exercises allow you to rate your overall rider readiness. Once you create an account you can retake the course whenever you want a refresher.
Upon completion of the Basic eCourse, you will need to print a completion certificate that is valid for 30 days. This certificate must be provided to the instructors on the first day of your class. The eCourse must be completed less than 30 days prior to the class start date. If you have completed the eCourse more than 30 days before the class start date, you must re-take the eCourse (you can re-take it for free) by logging into the eCourse server and checking the "Start new attempt" checkbox.
The MSF Basic eCourse includes 12 sections that follow the content in the MSF Rider Handbook:
- Motorcycle Types
Controls, Indicators and Equipment
- About Basic Operation
- Preparing to Ride
- Risk and Riding
- Basic Street Strategies
- Strategies for Common Riding Situations
- Basics for Emergencies
- Special Riding Situations
- Rider Impairments (State/Local Laws, Key Safety Steps, Knowledge Test, Next Steps)
- Preparation for Hands-On MSF Basic RiderCourse
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Internet connection: Broadband connections work best. The MSF Basic eCourse is video intensive.
- Browser support: Current versions of Chrome, Safari and Firefox are all supported. For Internet Explorer, version 10 or above is supported.
- The eCourse renders best on a desktop computer with at least 1024x768 resolution.
- The eCourse requires Adobe Flash so it will not work on an iPad.
- The eCourse is not optimized for mobile phones or modern tablets.
- You will need access to a printer at the end of the course to print a completion certificate.